Tuesday, May 1, 2007

An update, and this year's great games.

Hey everyone. Been busy with all that good school stuff ;D. Although none of my classes include programming just yet, I've been getting busy with some of the guys at school. We're developing a unique 2D-puzzle game for the Westwood College SoCal game competition. I'm really proud to be working on it, and I wish I could share some screens but I don't think it'd be prudent ;D. Don't worry, I'll post all of the information once it's finished (we're shooting for the end of May).

Last month (seems like forever ago) we visted GDC in San Francisco. What a wonderful way to get yourself energized about the industry you wanna work in? We got to meet a lot of cool people and do some cool stuff (especially with Microsoft's XNA). I can't wait to go again next year.

And now to the main chunk of this post.. I sit here thinking to myself: Man, there are a lot of awesome-looking games coming out by the end of the year (hopefully). Let's run through 'em.



Bioshock (Irrational Games)
Man, does this game look awesome. Just exploring the flooded, art-deco interiors will be a treat for me. Crazy water-effects, creepy and interesting A.I. and character design make it look way better. I can't wait to dive-in.




Alan Wake (Remedy Entertainment)
This has got to be one of the most underbuzzed game this year. Alan Wake looks kind of like Silent Hill meets GTA: Next Gen. Awesome atmosphere combined with that go-anywhere style gameplay everyone seems to dig. Plus it's the guys who did the Max Payne games. Favorites of mine, to be sure :).




Mass Effect (BioWare Corp.)
New, next-generation space-epic trilogy from the makers of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Just I, not II)! Can you say OMIGODZ? For sure, I know you can. Because, if you're like my friends and I, you can't wait for this freakin' game to come out. I don't think I need to say any more...


Alright, sure. There are other games coming out, big hyped ones too (Halo 3 anyone?). But these are the big three. And more are gonna come along. I'll post new stuff I find interesting about these in the future.

See you around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Badass, indeed we are drooling for Mass Effect. I'm so pumped for Alan Wake too though, Bioshock looks brutal.